- With the Australian and World Championships forthcoming, there will be track and field competition at WAAS this winter as follows: 3rd/10th/17th April plus all Tuesdays in August.
- The club has applied for a grant from Canning Council to purchase new track and field equipment.
- After close of the renewal period, the club had 520 members.
- Our thanks to 3 new Race Directors: Alan Gray, Trevor Scott and Randy Hobbs
- After many years as Race Directors, Jeff and Dorothy Whittam will be retiring at the end of 2017. We have decided that from 2019, the Track Handicap will be held at ECAC.
- The new Bold Park run is a very challenging 3k course, so we will just be offering 1 or 2 lap options for the 2 GOT trophies. Yet to decide whether walkers will have a separate course in Perry Lakes.
- The club will be applying to host the 2020 AMA Half Marathon Championship, which would be held in May.
- MAWA nominees for AMA Awards have been submitted.