Headlines and news from monthly MAWA Committee meetings
August Committee Meeting Summary
– Membership stands at 470 compared with 454 this time last year
– New banking arrangements will be put in place to achieve a major reduction in our credit card processing costs. Forms will be changed to include the 3 digit credit card security code
– ECAC numbers have remained steady at around 20 through the winter. ECAC has been booked for the summer season
– Eight nomination forms have been received for the 8 committee positions. Other arrangements for the AGM have been completed
– MAWA annual reports have been sent to AMA for inclusion in AMA AGM documentation
– State Championships in 2015 will be 7th March for pentathlons and 14th/15th for main weekend
-RRC & RRW medals will be presented at Darlington Dash 14th September 2014
-David Costin has volunteered to be race director for The City Rail Run. Thank you David and pleasing a new member has offered to help.
July Committee Meeting Summary
Please be advised that the ‘Committee Corner’ news tab is now active. Notes on discussions held at the monthly MAWA committee meetings can be accessed from the News tab at the top of the MAWA website homepage. Click on News and Committee Corner will appear on the drop down menu.
Committee expressed concern with the state of the ECAC track when wet, despite recent maintenance work. Committee will monitor the situation and alternate facilities may need to be used.
Membership stands at 463
Preliminary work has started on 2015 Sunday program
Richard Blurton will attend the AMA Annual General Meeting in Melbourne (September 20-21) and the meeting with AMA in regard to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in Perth after the AGM.
Geoff Brayshaw looking at Pole Vault training and competition during summer and further information will be provided as it becomes available.
Poor attendance at Winter Throws Training and Damien Hanson following up to gauge level of interest.
Sarah Ladwig taking over as Race Director for Membership Run which will be renamed The Welcome Run.
Carol and Gillian trialling Canterbury Athletic tops for comfort and fit.