We have just re-opened our membership with a special $30 rate giving membership through until 30th September. The form can be accessed from the right sidebar.
There will be winter throws at ECAC, weight and shot put only. See the right sidebar for details.
The winter programme is now on the website, right side-bar. See the Covid 19 rules in a previous post.
It is planned to start winter throws, weight and shot only, later in July. Watch the website for details.
We have just been advised that the changing rooms and showers will now be available for use at our Thursday meetings and Monday training sessions.
We will restart our weekly track meets on June 11th at 6pm
A Covid 19 plan has been submitted to Canning Council and this requires that:
– We stay 1.5m apart at all times, except when overtaking another athlete on the track
– One person will fill in all sign-in details to avoid multiple handling of pens and paper
– Fees will be put into the box as usual – try and bring exact amount
– Hand sanitiser will be placed on the table at the finish line – use before and after handling anything, eg stop watches, big clock, bell
– 100m and 60m will use every other lane
– No doubling up on lanes in 800m
– Mass starts will use rows as required to maintain 1.5m. Faster runners on front row
The first meeting on 11th will have some ad hoc races to trial our Covid plan. A programme will be produced starting on June 18th.
Our Monday morning training at ECAC will start on 1st June, 8am to 9am.
Sanitiser will be available but please bring your own.
Keep 1.5m distance from other athletes at all times.
Watch the website for information on the restart of Thursday evening meets.
WAAS will re-open for training under normal hours from Wednesday 27th May.
There will be some special rules and there may be limitations on numbers. These are not yet defined, so before going make sure you check on the VenuesWest website.
Please see this note from WMA President Margit Jungmann:
OpenTrack is organising a Virtual Road Relay for Australia!
If you would like to participate for a MAWA team please see details below:
Dates: 12-17 May 2020
Distance: 5km – solo run self measured and timed with Garmin – to be uploaded with entry.
Cost: $2 each – athlete to pay (unlimited number of athletes can enter per club with 6 to score men’s teams and 3 to score women’s teams)
For details and to register please go to the website: https://data.opentrack.run/x/2020/AUS/avrr/
Congratulations to MAWA Member Dave Scott who has been awarded the honour of ANZAC of year! Also famous for his bugling – see Vetrun Extra for article!