A reminder that the MAWA AGM will be hald on Wednesday 24 April at 7.00pm at the Hockey Club Rooms, Perry Lakes Drive, Floreat. Please come along and support your Club. Tea and coffee will be provided, please bring a plate of supper to share.
Please see Geoff Brayshaw’s report, Treasurer report to AGM 2013. This includes the Treasurer’s report itself along with the Audited Financials and the Auditor’s report. Geoff will address any questions on these reports at the AGM next Wednesday 24th April. Other information on the AGM can be found under the ‘about us’ tab.
The State Records and Bests as of April 7th 2013 are now on the website Click here
- Team manager, David Carr, writes a short review of the championships.
- Statistician, Campbell Till, trawls through the results to collate MAWA’s Australian and State records from Canberra.
- Carmel Meyer writes on her first Nationals.
- Andrew Brooker remembers when he lived in Canberra and competed in Little A’s.
- John Collier describes a different approach to pre-race routine to score a season best in the 800m.
- Gillian Young describes her favourite event of the meet.
- Rudy Kocis talks about his gold medal in the 200m when he thought he would only score silver.
- Vicki Cobby discovers she ran n someone else’s spikes while the spikes owner had to run in sneakers.
- Women’s relay co-ordinator, Margaret Saunders, writes on WA’s gold medal relays.
Download from the TFNL page
AMA are conducting a trial next year in Hobart which includes a change of date away from Easter and a change to some events for the Championships. The decision to run the trial was made at the 2012 AMA AGM by the Council which is made up of delegates from each State.
The AMA Director of Competitions has prepared the attached important information on the trial which we ask that you read.
AMA Nationals 2014 Trial – Info for States
The committee have decided to add a 10k Road Walking Championships to our calendar of events. This year it will be held on Sunday 7th July at Wilson at 9:00am in conjunction with the AWA Road Walks event. The race will be fully judged, and medals will be awarded to age-group place-getters. The normal Sunday walks will still take place, (Sharks).
Reminder that the AGM will be held on Wednesday 24 April 2013 at 7.00pm at the Hockey Club Rooms, Perry Lakes Drive, Floreat. Come along and support your Club and have your say. Tea and coffee will be provided at the close of the meeting; please bring a plate of supper to share.
As of 9th April less than half of our members have renewed their membership. If you do not renew by the end of this month, the following are the consequences:
1) You will need to pay a visitor fee to compete in road or T & F events
2) If you enter the race without paying the fee your name will not appear in the results
3) April will be the last posted Vetrun that you receive
Please visit the Vetrun page to download either the high or low resolution edition for April 2013.
In the posts section of AMA website there is now a link to over 500 photos taken by Michael Slagter of SAMA at the Canberra 2013 Championships.