- Our WA team did very well at the AMA Championship in Darwin – see latest TFNL
- We have received 5 new volunteers to help process Sunday results who are now being trained – thanks to all
- We are still looking for some new Race Directors so the committee will manage the Racecourse event this year on 30 July and the Championship Medal Presentations are being made that day
- New beams for our steeples at ECAC have been delivered in time for David Carr’s steeplechase record attempt but replacement bases are now also needed
- The problem with the results page on the website has been fixed
- We are ordering two new signs for Sunday runs with turn around arrows
- Nomination forms for Committee Positions are now available from the Secretary
- Committee Reports for the AGM will be put on the website under “Our Club” – “About Us” so they can be read before the AGM
- Notice of special resolution to make amendments to our constitution will be sent to all members before the AGM
- Copy of the proposed amended constitution will also be put on the website – please send any queries/comments to secretary before the AGM
The latest edition of the TFNL is now available.
Full coverage of events from the Australian Nationals competition held in Darwin.
Head over the the magazines page to download.
Alternatively you can view in the online library here
Our next camp is coming up soon at Myalup Pines on the September long weekend
From 22 September you can stay 3-4 nights
It is a fun weekend and you can join in running, walking, Pilates, Yoga and there is a hall for music
Prices to be advised
For more information or to register interest please contact Elaine Dance (see Social page)
We regret to advise that longstanding member (#42) Dalton Moffett has passed away. Our sincere condolences to Margaret and family. He will be sadly missed by many of our club members.
The funeral will be held at 10am on Tuesday 11 July
at Oakwood Chapel 506 Marmion St Booragoon
Last night, David Carr set his third world record in as many weeks, taking almost 33sec off the previous time for the 2000m steeplechase. All are of course pending records until ratified. Congratulations again, David.
Please note that entry to Whiteman Park Mussell Pool for the run on 16 July will be via Dulwich Street ONLY (off Marshall Rd) Whiteman
The program is incorrect as there will be NO access from the Beechboro Rd or Lord St entrances as they are not open at the time of our run.
See park map below – you come in at the bottom right entry road past the dog park turn left over the tracks and around to Mussel Pool West where car park 28 is marked:
Reminder that the Masters 10k Road Walking Championships will be held on Sunday 9 July at Kent St Weir, Wilson starting at 9am hosted by the WA Race Walkers Club.
For more information please go to:
If you are interested in being an Australian Team Manager for the following:
- Oceania Masters Championships in Dunedin (January 2018)
- World Masters Athletics Championships in Malaga (September 2018)
Please send your expressions of interest and CV for the positions by email to the AMA secretary: email@example.com by 20th August 2017.
Please see list of responsibilities for these positions by clicking the links below:
Entries are now open for the Oceania Masters Athletics Championships to be held on 20-27 January 2018 in Dunedin, New Zealand.
There are no qualifying standards for entry but you will need to wear the Australian Uniform which if you don’t already have is available from Australian Masters Athletics.
Please go to the following link for more information and to register:
Entries close 8 December 2017
This morning at WAAS, David Carr broke the old record of 3:09.10 with a fantastic time of 3:06.69 in his pet event 800m. The race was part of Perth College’s carnival and he was cheered all the way by the girls lining the track as well as many club members supporting him. (The record is of course pending until ratified by the relevant authority).