The form for renewal/membership for 2020 is now available
The latest issue of TFNL can be accessed from the magazine tab. Download the PDF or access it from the virtual bookcase.
- Welcome to new members Pam Thonell and Silke Peglow
- Committee roles agreed. Janne will continue with trophies, Pam will be Sunday run co-ordinator, Silke will do Sunday equipment and share visitor table with Andrew, Mark will continue with track and field
- Mark Kerr will handover facebook administration to Silke, Maureen Kershwar and Jenn Parker
- Super Heavy Weight introduced as a new MAWA event – ask a thrower if you don’t know what that is
- Melbourne Cup Lunch reported to have been very successful
- Membership year will be changed to 1st October to 30th September to align with AWA track and field season. An email will be sent to all members with further explanation
- Generous donation received from Ray Gimi estate – looking to have a trophy or event named in his memory. Ideas welcome
- Following AGM discussion the committee confirmed that we will not pursue the idea of a clubroom for Sunday runs, but will focus efforts to have a clubroom at the new athletics facility being considered by Canning Council to replace ECAC
- MAWA supports AMA plan for the National Half Marathon Championship to be a postal event.
- Considered AMA proposal to eliminate the 60m event from the National Championships and committee was split 4/4. This has been fedback to AMA
Our 2019 – 2020 programme is now fully up and running with details on the website, right sidebar.
We have some first class coaches and attending these sessions is completely free to members. So take advantage and improve your skill and your performances.
Apologies our sausage sizzle at Safety Bay did not go to plan as the BBQ’s weren’t working.
So you don’t miss out Elaine will be putting on a sausage sizzle at next Sunday’s run at Garvey Park for everyone to enjoy.
Student Massage clinic at South Metro TAFE now available. They are looking for anyone that is training for an event and would be interested in using massage to help them manage or prevent an injury.
Please click on the flyer below for more information and how to apply:
The programme is now on the website – right side bar.
Sunday runners can now use this to select their preferred helper dates for when the renewal form becomes available on 25th November.
Congratulations to our following members who have been awarded Life Membership with Athletics WA at their recent AGM:
Barrie Kernaghan along with Bob and Lynne Schickert for many years dedication as athletes and officials.
Congratulations to Bruce Wilson on being awarded Life Membership of Athletics Australia. Read this tribute to Bruce.
AMA has announced the introduction of the Super Weight as an AMA Competition Event.
The event will be conducted at the AMA Winter Throws Championships and can also be conducted at State Club level as an optional Weight Throw event. The event will not be conducted at the AMA National Championships.
There will be State and Australian records introduced for the Super Weight Event. There will be no change to the 56lb and 100lb Events or Records. Please click on the following links for more information: