- Race results will no longer be compiled and read out after our runs, but the first 3 in each event will be noted in the web results. Compiling these results ties up a helper, and the read-out is not necessary as results are on the website the same day.
- New course for Darlington Dash agreed, starting at Glenn Forest.
- Agreed to purchase a second recording watch.
- For GOT run, we will all meet at the Hockey Club where there are toilets and we will have the greeting. Then walk over to the start in Bold Park.
- Andrew continues to pursue our ‘green’ agenda and has purchased more recyclable paper cups. But we also request that you bring and refill your own water bottle to avoid using the cups at all at the finish.
- The track handicap at UWA is set for May 9th, and there is no ECAC meet that evening. See previous post on entry details.
- Ernie Leseberg has agree to be our new webmaster. Many thanks to Hamish for the great work he has done on the website over the years.
- Colin Smith is working on the design of a MAWA running cap.
- The AMA Half Marathon will be in Perth May/June 2020. Jim Langford will lead the team that will plan this event.
See attached requirements of South Tafe for athletes wanting sports massage in May and June
The MAWA 10k Track Handicap will be held on Thursday 9th May, 7pm, at McGillivray Oval.
Entry Fee will be $5. Those proposing to enter can either:
– Put their name down on a sheet at the Sunday visitor table and pay the $5, or
– Just turn up on the night by 6:30 and pay the $5 then.
Note that the Thursday winter programme at ECAC will not start until 16th May.
The results to date can be found via the link on the right side bar under State Championships.
To see Graeme Dahl’s great photos from the State Championships please go to the link below:
Photos now available from 10k Thursday 11 April as well as events from Saturday 6 April and Steeplechase 6 April.
Congratulations to all the MAWA athletes for great performances at the World Indoors.
The MAWA results can be found under the Track and Field Results Tab.
Our athletes set 18 State and 8 Australian Records. The pending Australian records went to Melissa Foster (2), Andrew Brooker (5) and Sharon Davis.
Melissa Foster, Andrew Brooker, Colin Smith and Bob Schickert were part of Australian Record 4 x 200m relay teams
The April TFNL is now available. Go to the Magazines Tab.
Due to fading light this time of year the order of the throws will be changed from the programme. The first throw at 6pm will be the weight throw.