Due to the poor floodlights at ECAC, the throws programme has been slightly revised to avoid having 2 long throws outside the mid-summer period. The revisions are:
23rd November: discus/shot
30th November: javelin/weight
1st March: discus/shot
8th March: javelin/weight
15th March: hammer/weight
Our Track and Field athletes got to know Jody Brownley last June in Darwin when she competed for the MAWA team, joining with Cathy MCloskey, Lisa Limonas and Sharon Davis in setting a 4×400 W40 State Record.
Jody has just been awarded a Goldfields Sports Star award in the Masters category.
With Jody living in Kalgoorlie we don’t see her very often, but she has promised to come to MAWA events whenever she is in Perth.
The 2018 membership form is now available from the right sidebar. Members have until 31st January to renew.
November Committee Meeting Summary
At this stage it appears that all of our 2018 runs will be approved by local councils. The programme and 2018 membership form will be on the website w/c 13th November
Short course RRC/RWC will take place May/June in parallel with the full RRC/RWC
Colin Smith attended the AWA AGM on behalf of the club
A new Tuesday/Thursday sign-in sheet will be produced allowing throwers and jumpers to sign onto the same sheet as runners
Full stock-take of all throws equipment has been completed by Jenn Parker. A minimum number of new items are required
Perth 2018 website is up and running. All profits from merchandise sale will go to the Perth Zoo’s numbat recovery programme. An article on AMA Champs will appear in December vetrun
Seven issues raised at the AGM were discussed by the committee:
1. Children of members will not be charged visitor fees
2. Recommendation for our Auditor will be made each year by the Treasurer to the AGM, for approval by the AGM
3. Appropriate levels of cash are kept in our current account and term deposits
4. Committee supports encouraging members to get iron-on numbers with their names. A sentence on this will be included in the welcome letter to new members, and a reminder put in vetrun
5. The clear lines of responsibility for safety have been better defined in our documentation, and are clearly understood by the committee
6. We can confirm that our insurance has no upper age limit
7. A suggestion was made that, similar to some other sports, we grade athletes into say a, b and c grade and have competitions at that level, allowing more lower ranked athletes to win awards. The committee takes that view that with our handicaps and achievement awards, there is adequate opportunity for these athletes to win trophies.
Canning Districts AC are in the process of clearing out all of their old hurdles. If any MAWA member would like a hurdle they are welcome to come down to ECAC on Thursday and help themselves. They are just sitting on the grass outside our store room. If members want to collect at another time, they will need to do it at a time when the ground is open.
The changes to our constitution passed at our recent AGM have now been lodged with Consumer protection and take effect from 20 October 2017.
A copy of the new constitution is now available on our website under “Our Club” in “About Us” or you can click the link below:
The preliminary Flight Centre Sports and Events accommodation packages for Oceania in Dunedin and Worlds in Malaga are now available.
Please note additional Malaga packages for longer stays, apartments, tours and so forth are still being negotiated as many prices in Spain have not been finalised by the tourism operators for that time of year.
Go to the AMA landing page on the Flight Centre Sports and Events website at the link below then click on the relevant event: