Graeme Dahl’s photos from the State Championships can be accessed from the following link.
The April vetrun is now available. Head to the Magazines Tab to download the High or Low Res version.
There will be no training session at ECAC on 29th March.
Entries are now open for this event. See this information for eligible half marathons and a link to the entry form.
- Surpassed our all-time membership level of 703 in January
- Encouraged to see a lot of new young Track and Field members
- February and March saw very large participation at ECAC on Thursdays
- To save on cups members are requested to bring their own water bottles for use at the finish
- Slower runners and walkers doing the long events are encouraged to start 30 minutes early, but must check with the Race Director
- A review of Track and Field income and expenditure has shown that we are close to break even. Therefore the $3 ECAC cost will remain unchanged
- All members who joined by 1st March get free access to the World Masters Rankings site. Log in with your email address and it will be recognised.
- The results of the OMA Virtual Championships are now on the OAA website. Thanks to Oliver Berry for managing the MAWA entries
- OMA Championships in Norfolk Island 2022 have been cancelled. Next events are Australian Masters Games in Perth in October, (entries now open), AMA Nationals in Brisbane 1st to 4th April 2022 and WMA Indoors in Edmonton in March 2023
All MAWA members will be very welcome at this event.
It is hosted by the Albany Athletics Club every year and this year will be on Sunday 6th June which is a long weekend. This year marks our 25th event so it is sure to be a big one!
Elleker is a lovely little town 16km west of Albany. You will run around the very scenic Elleker-Grasmere Road and the Lower Denmark Road.
We have 4 event options this year:
1) 21.1km Half Marathon
2) 10km Road Race
3) 10km Walk
4) 2km Kids Dash
Registration OPEN SOON
The March issue of MAWA’s Track and Field Newsletter (TFNL) has been uploaded. See the magazines tag
The AMA Group membership has been extended until March 31st 2021 for all members who were included in the 2020 list.
AMA will take out a new group membership for 2021 to include all MAWA members registered at 1st March.
Entries for State Championships close tomorrow, Friday 26 February. Please don’t leave it until the last few hours in case of problems. Contact Barbara immediately if you do have any issues.
ECAC – Canning Council have confirmed that no sign-in is required.
WAAS – please follow instructions when entering the stadium.
Sunday Runs – there is no general requirement for sign in at our Sunday Runs. It is unlikely but not impossible that a specific council will request it and if this happens we will let members know.